10 Apr 2018
Relevant to Owners, Executives, Senior Management & HR Professionals
“Responding to sexual harassment in the aftermath of #MeToo”
We are pleased to invite you to take part in this special event (limited seating) presented by Tim Capelin from Piper Alderman.
Following the allegations of sexual harassment against film producer Harvey Weinstein late last year, a wave of sexual harassment and sexual assault allegations erupted across a number of different industries.
We saw glimpses of the magnitude of the problem when people all over the world started sharing their personal stories of sexual harassment and assault using #MeToo.
In light of these recent allegations, now is a good time to re-assess current workplace policies and practices that aim to prevent and address allegations of sexual harassment and other types of harassment and bullying conduct in the workplace.
Tim will discuss:
- Laws dealing with sexual harassment, victimisation and workplace bullying
- What constitutes work related conduct
- How complaints and related investigations should be generally managed
- How to respond to a complaint that is alleged to have occurred many years ago
- How to respond to a complaint in relation to conduct that occurred before the alleged perpetrator commenced employment with your business
- How to follow due process when there are strong commercial pressures
Friday 18th May 2018
12:00pm to 2:00pm
Royal Tasmanian Yacht Club (Marieville Esplanade, Sandy Bay)
Prizes to be won so bring your business cards…
A network sharing table will also be made available for your brochures or marketing products.
Contact Victoria from Centre for Australian Industry today on email@example.com or call 03 6244 8881 to reserve your seat.
FREE Training Event for Sponsor Members;
Centre for Australian Industry
Centre for Tasmanian Industry
Banjo’s Bakery Cafe
Non Members $50.00
Payments for non-members can be made at the door or by requesting direct debit details upon booking. Please RSVP by COB Friday 4th May 2018.
*Limited to 2 persons per business